Call now for special Care Services pricing! 843-903-9100
Memory Care in Myrtle Beach, SC
– Brightwater –
At Reflections at Brightwater, we understand how difficult it can be having a loved one with Alzheimer’s or dementia. While we can’t control life’s challenges or reverse the course of memory-impairing illnesses, our Myrtle Beach Memory Care community can go a long way in helping ease the burdens. With a team of specialized caregivers and a supportive community environment, our person-centered approach focuses on the individual and their unique life experiences.
Our Memory Care program is designed to meet members where they’re at—supporting them through their daily life and offering a predictable routine. The care we provide is personalized to each individual, and it includes activities to help stimulate the mind as well as assistance in any areas where members have difficulty. Our goal is to promote a strong sense of dignity and purpose and help preserve cherished memories for as long as possible. When it comes to quality of life, the unparalleled support provided by Reflections at Brightwater makes all the difference.
To learn more about our Myrtle Beach Memory Care community, give us a call to speak with a lifestyle advisor or schedule an appointment.
GalleryView Full Gallery
All-Inclusive Monthly Pricing
We believe that you shouldn’t have to worry about various “levels of care” or “points” charges, which are popular at many Memory Care communities. Under this type of pricing model, your rate could increase at any moment, without any notice, just because you receive more care. Brightwater charges one all-inclusive monthly fee, which includes all of your care, no matter how much you need. That’s because we want billing to be the least of your worries.
At our community, you pay one rate for all your care while in Memory Care.
Yes, that includes medication management, Personal transportation, 24-hour emergency call system and more.
Memory Care Floor Plans
Memory Care Services and Amenities
Members of Reflections at Brightwater have access to all of the following services and amenities:
- Quality care in a luxury apartment home
- A secured courtyard for outdoor enjoyment
- A variety of indoor common areas
- Personalized care plans
- Program activities overseen by licensed nurse with special training in dementia related conditions
- 24-hour emergency call system
- A curated social and dining lifestyle that encourages families to visit often
- An all-inclusive, transparent pricing model that’s easy to understand and allows our families to plan long-term
- A full continuum of care under one roof so future moves can be avoided
- Medication management
- Wellness classes and programs
- Personal transportation
- Professional hair care salon
Specialized Dementia Training
It is important to have the necessary tools to provide for people with dementia. That is why our team Members in Reflections are Certified Dementia Practitioners™. Dementia is one of the hardest diseases to effectively manage, and if you are not properly trained it’s near impossible to provide great care.Certification Topics:
- Staff and Family Support
- Diversity and Cultural Competence
- Depression and repetitive behaviors
- Spiritual Care and End of Life Issues
- Paranoia, Hallucinations, Wanderings & Hoarding
- Aggressive Behaviors, Catastrophic Reactions, Intimacy & Sexuality
- Personal Care: Pain, Bathing, Dressing, Toileting, Nutrition, Falls & Sleep Disturbance
How Memory Care Works
At Reflections, we promote member well-being through customized, person-centered care. Our Certified Dementia Practitioners focus on each member’s current situation as well as their background, relationships and life story. Understanding the full picture is essential because it helps inform care that is both comprehensive and personalized.
Our nurturing caregivers guide members through their daily routines by offering support in any areas where they have difficulty and promoting independence wherever possible. To encourage active minds, caregivers regularly engage members in activities based around memory, reasoning and information processing. This helps them hold onto cognitive abilities for as long as possible. The routines we establish create an important level of predictability for members, and this leads to a stronger sense of dignity and purpose.
Another way we provide industry-best care is by offering facilities that are specially designed by experts in Alzheimer’s and dementia. Our building interiors offer a bright, colorful and easily-maneuverable environment to help reduce stress and confusion, and our doors are fully secured to keep members who wander safe.
WAVES received the Best of the Best Award from Argentum, the nation’s largest senior living association, celebrating its outstanding achievements in Alzheimer’s programming. WAVES is an aquatic-based experience, led in our heated indoor therapy pool, giving our Members a safe and fun way to exercise.
- The combination of warm, therapeutic water and low-impact aerobic activity can reduce anxiety and stress while providing a healthy outlet for excess energy.
- Members who participate in the program may enjoy improved strength & balance, appetites, better sleeping patterns and a stronger bond with their caregivers.
- We do things differently here, and we don’t settle for ordinary outcomes.
- We believe everyone can live a higher quality of life with wellness.
Customized, Person-Centered Dining
Depending on the stage of Alzheimer’s or dementia they are at, members can have a wide variety of dietary needs. Because of this, we offer a range of dining options. Some members have very little difficulty eating and can be given traditionally-prepared food, while others need more adaptive options such as bite-sized or pureed portions. Our community’s onsite dietician assesses the needs of each member and creates them a customized dining and nutrition plan. When it comes to this lifelong task that brings so many dementia patients difficulty, Reflections at Brightwater seeks to bring the joy back to eating.